Thursday, July 28, 2011

Andromeda the Box Turtle


Andromeda is one of my two box turtles (her mate being Orion). I don't know how old she is, other than that she is an adult, but she has been with me for about two years, and she is very special to me.


(That's not blood. Its a red colored tortoise food. She LOVES it.)


She is the second box turtle I can remember having, and the first whose care has been my responsibility. She is a joy to be around. She's friendly and outgoing, beautiful and generally just a wonderful life. She asks only that I feed her, provide her a watery place to drink and bathe, and occasionally give her a few head rubs and chin scratches. In return she provides me many laughs, lots of beautiful photography opportunities and a reason to brave the unforgiving heat. (In case you wondered, its to go outside and admire her.)

(Her in her water dish. I whistled and she stuck out her head and looked at me. I admit it, I squealed like a girl. Cuz i am a girl.)

Andromeda could not be more of a perfect pet. Quiet, friendly (but not needy) and beautiful. She brings me great joy, and I felt it was only natural, since I have so many pictures, that I devote a post to my sweet girl.

Plus just look at her! She even smiles at me.

I hope this post illustrates just what a treasure Andromeda is to me. She's a star.

No comments:

Post a Comment